Vibrators aren’t just for solo play. In fact, according to the study by the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University, 80% of women have used a vibrator with a partner. It’s important to introduce a vibrator as an enhancement for both of you.
Some people are very open to experimentation while others may feel unsure. The key to making it work: open and honest conversation gets both partners on the same page. Both partners need to understand that vibrators are fun, but they don’t deliver the same intimacy and connection as human relationships.
When using a vibrator with your partner, the type and size of the vibrator and the positions that work best for both of you will depend on your body type, age, and flexibility.
The Vibrator Conversation
- Rather than “surprising” your partner with a vibrator, bring it up casually when you’re both relaxed. Don’t push, and make sure your partner is completely onboard with it before the vibrator makes an appearance.
- Tell your partner that you want to add a vibrator to enhance the already intense pleasure you enjoy together. For many couples, a vibrating ring is a great way to introduce yourself to the world of sensual vibrations.
Source: Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University
- Lay down some ground rules: Nobody has to do anything he or she isn’t comfortable with. Each partner needs to be 100% honest about his or her sexual boundaries.
- Visit our website as a conversation starter. Show your partner the site and ask if he or she would be willing to try any of the vibrators, just for fun. It can be exciting to choose one together!
- It’s nice to make sure you praise the sensations and the technique of your partner, not the vibrator. Say things like, “You’re doing that exactly the way I like it” or “I love it when you…”
- Remember, there is nothing unnatural about adding a vibrator to spice up a couple’s sex life. Vibrators are as natural as adding music, candlelight, or sexy lingerie to enhance your intimacy.
- It’s not just for the ladies. Many men find vibrators, when applied lightly to the space between the anus and the testicles, can be a very exciting way to bring new stimulations to your bedroom play.